Wiseco's new L83 pistons bring forged, 2618-alloy strength to the Gen V L83 engine.
Wiseco’s line of L83 Gen V Chevy forged pistons have late-model truck owners and LT builders covered. The pistons are machined from forged, 2618 aluminum, feature advanced crowns designed for direct injection, and offer alternative compression ratios for forced induction applications. All piston kits include premium carbon-steel ring packs.
When the LS engine first hit the market, it wasn't the firebird, Camaro or Corvette giving up their hearts to swap into muscle cars. Instead, it was primarily the 4.8L, 5.3L and 6.0L truck engines that were finding there way in between the fenders of muscle cars. When the latest-and-greatest L83 (5.3L EcoTec3) finds it's way into scarp yards, you can bet enthusiasts will treat it to the same supercharger, turbocharger, and nitrous abuse in their swapped project cars. Wiseco's line of L83 forged pistons are ready for the challenge.
- Anti detonation grooves
- Armor Glide skirt coating
- Forged-side-relief design
- Carbon-steel ring pack included.
- Superior, 2618-aluminum strength over OEM cast pistons
- Various compression ratio options for forced induction applications
- Multiple compression heights allow use aftermarket connecting rods.